[libcamera-devel] softISP for libcamera

Kieran Bingham kieran.bingham at ideasonboard.com
Tue Dec 5 12:59:12 CET 2023

Quoting Pavel Machek (2023-12-05 11:48:36)
> Hi!
>
> > > It may be that I failed to enable simple/linaro pipeline in the
> > > meson. It certainly does not list it. If I try with parent commit, it
> > > builds okay, but I guess that means code is not enabled.
> >
> > Could you provide this feedback on Andrey's patches that have been
> > posted [0] please? That way it will be in the right context.
> >
> > I'm sure any other review comments you have on the series may be useful
> > too as you have also explored this area.
> >
> > [0] https://lists.libcamera.org/pipermail/libcamera-devel/2023-December/039700.html
>
> Unfortunately, mail list archives do not seem to allow "download raw"
> option which would allow me to do the right thing here.

I know this pain :-(

Laurent - do you have a solution for people to reply to mails they have
not received for the libcamera list? (That doesn't involve requiring
everyone to get every mail on the list?) I think the only solution there
is for us to set up public inbox ... but I don't have any time to look
at such topics lately.

> I went through the patches, and they look good to me. (Step in the
> right direction, certainly. Will need bayer8 support to be directly
> usable for me, and perhaps the pipeline should not be called "linaro"
> but something more generic).

I agree there ;-)

> I'm now trying to get them to run on PinePhone.

Excellent! I think the caching issues will still be prevalent. I wonder
if we can handle that in the simple pipeline handlers by using the
dma-heap allocator for the frame buffers instead of getting buffers from
V4L2, particularly as this series helps provide access to the dma-heap
allocators.

--
Kieran