[libcamera-devel] softISP for libcamera

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Wed Dec 6 14:44:41 CET 2023

Hi!

> I forgot to add the README.soft-isp.txt, in particular the command to setup the build:
>
> $ meson setup -Dprefix=$INSTALL_DIR -Dpipelines=simple/linaro -Dipas=simple/linaro $BUILD_DIR
> $ ninja -C $BUILD_DIR
> $ ninja -C $BUILD_DIR install
>
> With "-Dpipelines=simple/linaro -Dipas=simple/linaro" the libcamera/ipa/soft_ipa_interface.h
> will be generated OK.

Thanks a lot, I got this all to work on pinephone.

I'd really like to see statistics gathering separated from
debayer.

Another thing is that soft IPA is a bit too simplistic
(soft_linaro.cpp):

        /*
         * Try to use the minimal possible analogue gain.
         * The exposure can be any value from exposure_min_ to exposure_max_,
         * and normally this should keep the frame rate intact.
         */

That will result in shooting at 1/15, ISO50 -- resulting in blurry
photos (motion) -- even with sensors that could shoot at ISO500
without getting grainy. RPI pipeline has support for this, with config
file saying "stay at ISO50 to 1/60, then move iso up to ISO200 @ 1/60,
then start adjusting exposure again". It would be nice to reuse it.

(Anyway, existing code is good enough for testing, and probably for
webcam use).

Best regards,
								Pavel
--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.