[libcamera-devel] libcamera contact

Jacopo Mondi jacopo.mondi at ideasonboard.com
Mon Nov 20 17:11:33 CET 2023

Hello Ali

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 03:44:22PM +0000, Ali Asgharzadehkhorasani via libcamera-devel wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am Ali and looking for a contact to libcamera and don't know if I am at the correct address.

Yes indeed, this is the correct address

> I would like to ask if libcamera works with jetson orin nx or no, because i am getting always different errors while trying installing libcamera on it.
>
> I would appreciate any help about that.

Unfortunately the NVidia camera subsystem is known for not being
compatible with standard Video4Linux2 abstractions and not supported
by any upstream driver in the Linux kernel.

libcamera requires the camera subsystem to be compatible with the
Video4Linux2 mainline version to guarantee interoperability
between different vendors.

Sorry about that but there's nothing we can do to fix the situation
until nvidia won't consider working with the community.